Monday, February 4, 2013

Reference letter


To Whom It May Concern:

This is a reference letter for the partners of Hua Hin Property and Land, Nigel Owen and Naphatsorn Thongtawee. For reasons I will explain below both of these partners have my highest respect. Since their company is relatively new and they have been asked by clients for references, I volunteered to write this letter.  They have both treated me superbly as a customer.
For the purpose of credibility, permit me to share my personal background because I am professionally qualified both academically and with a lifetime of business experience in assessing intelligence, personality and especially managerial capabilities.
I first met Nigel Owen via a real estate agent when he was the general manager for the Scan Park Housing Development Project. He served as the negotiator for the modifications I wanted made to the model home I chose. Rather than trying to bargain down the price which I thought was already reasonable I asked for numerous nice additional features including turning a veranda (or balcony) into an enclosed office that could accommodate a very large solid oak set of shelves I had built myself and shipped from America. I wanted air conditioners in all rooms for "zone cooling”, to save electricity, ceiling fans, and a dishwasher which were not part of this Thai-style model home. I decided to push Nigel and asked not just for just a washing machine but one of those newer wash and dry combination units. Quite honestly I thought he had to draw the line somewhere. I was thinking to myself I could probably get away with a washer but it might be fair if we split the cost given all the extra things we had already agreed upon. And sure enough Nigel retorted, “Well for that, I’ll split the cost with you.” It was as if he had read my mind. The points that I am trying to make here are that Nigel Owen is an extremely accommodative person who really tries to please his customer. But he is also a great negotiator – he knows where to draw the line, “he’s not going to give the store away” as we say in the USA.
Part of the agreement was a funding to cover my rent in Hua Hin while my house is being built. Nigel offered to help me find a place to rent which I considered a big favor. He also offered to rent a large crate to store my belongings until the house was far enough along to build my large oak shelves into the office. Again, Nigel exceeded my expectations. He found a large villa within the cost of the rental agreement offered by Scan Park that had an extra bedroom where I could store and have access to everything I shipped from the USA and accumulated in Bangkok. I’ve found this to be immensely helpful and just one example of Nigel’s ability to come up with ingenious solutions.
So imagine my shock and dismay when I learned Nigel Owen had left Scan Park to start Hua Hin Property and Land. Since he is no longer employed by the partners of that project he really has no obligations whatsoever to me. Yet he has such high integrity and a kind heart he went on to fulfill his obligations to me and even did me numerous favors far beyond the call of duty for any real estate agent.
Hua Hin Property and Land can sell your property, know builders who can build exactly to your architectural desires, help you buy new land or property – “the whole works” as we say in the States. While I doubt you will need as much help as me, “a little lost lamb” let me end with a contrast.

In the USA we often say, “Put your money where your mouth is.” Well I have, I trust Nigel Owen and his partner Naphatsorn Thongtawee, and when I decide to purchase more property or land in Hua Hin, you know who I will turn to first. They have done so much to help me I‘d not only trust them with my money; I’d trust them with my life.
If you have any questions feel free to call me, my international number is +66 81 920 5760. In Thailand I can be reached at 081 920 5760.
I wish you the best of luck, whatever your endeavor or venture.
Most Sincerely,
Richard Brian Cogan, Ph.D.


No comments:

Post a Comment